[3dem] Two Postdoctoral Positions in the Loerch lab at UC Santa Cruz

Sarah Loerch sloerch at ucsc.edu
Wed Dec 14 10:04:44 PST 2022

The Loerch lab is looking for two postdoctoral researchers to join our
team. Both positions are fully funded for two years (+ possible extension)
and have flexible starting dates. The Loerch lab studies localized
translation and regulation by upstream pathways in the context of human
disease, such as pain pathologies using a range of structural biology
approaches, biochemistry, and molecular biology. We are looking for
candidates who are keen to use their skills in combination with in situ (2D
template matching) and single-particle cryo-EM in novel workflows to
determine the mechanisms that enable differential regulation of protein
synthesis in a subcellular context-dependent manner. The candidate should
either have a strong background in molecular and cell biology, or protein
purification, biochemistry, and biophysics. Expertise in cryo-electron
microscopy (SPA or Tomo) is a plus. We offer a competitive salary and
benefits, along with a range of professional development opportunities.

We have excellent access to screening and high-end cryo-electron
microscopes, and ancillary instrumentation here at UCSC (Glacios + K2,
LINKAM CSM196), in the Bay Area (several Krios, Aquilos cryo-FIB), and at
national facilities. Additionally, we have access to several core
facilities at UCSC, including a light microscopy facility with PhD level
staff and available training. The Loerch lab is also part of the highly
collaborative "Center for molecular biology of RNA" at UCSC (
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://rna.ucsc.edu/rnacenter/research.html__;!!Mih3wA!AI2MSMGdckmjRjtQAytfku55p0S3TIlh7ZMw3GqcfguC43WmvSwR8iHLFpJHOoPkOBkE7K81jAjR_VazCw8$ ).

Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV, and information
for three references to sloerch at ucsc.edu (https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.loerchlab.com__;!!Mih3wA!AI2MSMGdckmjRjtQAytfku55p0S3TIlh7ZMw3GqcfguC43WmvSwR8iHLFpJHOoPkOBkE7K81jAjRHB-EXYo$ ).

Best,
Sarah

(she/her/hers)