[3dem] Postdoc position in the Mchaourab Lab

Karakas, Erkan erkan.karakas at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jan 18 12:18:27 PST 2021

On behalf of Hassane Mchaourab. Please direct questions and applications to hassane.mchaourab at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:hassane.mchaourab at vanderbilt.edu>.

An NIH-supported postdoctoral fellowship is currently available in the Mchaourab lab at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. The thrust of the projects is to use biophysical approaches to investigate structure/dynamics/function in multiple classes of transporters including ABC transporters and neurotransmitter transporters. Current focus in the lab is on the application and integration of cryo-EM, EPR, transport assays, and molecular modeling. We are a highly interdisciplinary group with interest ranging from proteostasis in zebrafish to multidrug transporters. The laboratory is located in the department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics at the school of medicine with access to state of the art cores in crystallography, cryo-EM, EPR, mass spectrometry and various biophysical instrumentation.

Candidates should have a Ph.D. in biochemistry, biophysics or related fields. Relevant skills include protein expression and purification, membrane reconstitution, biochemical analyses of function, and structure determination by x-ray crystallography or cryo-EM. Salary will be commensurate with experience and the starting date is negotiable.

If you are interested send CV and letters of recommendation to : Hassane S. Mchaourab, Ph. D., hassane.mchaourab at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:hassane.mchaourab at vanderbilt.edu>

At Vanderbilt University, we are intentional about and assume accountability for fostering advancement and respect for equity, diversity, and inclusion for all students, faculty, and staff. Our commitment to diversity makes us who we are.  We have created a community that celebrates differences and lets individuality thrive. As part of this commitment, we actively value diversity in our workplace and learning environments as we seek to take advantage of the rich backgrounds and abilities of everyone. The diverse voices of Vanderbilt represent an invaluable resource for the University in its efforts to fulfill its mission and strive to be an example of excellence in higher education.

Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.