[3dem] Chemical fixation before plunge freezing or HPF

Trepout Sylvain Sylvain.Trepout at curie.fr
Mon Jan 18 03:28:47 PST 2021

Dear Linda,

When working with cells (eukaryote or prokaryote) that need fixation because of safety issues, I usually fix them in 4% PFA.

This protocol never gave broken/damaged cells.

On what type of sample do you want to use chemical fixation ?

Kind regards,

Sylvain

----------
Sylvain TREPOUT, PhD, HDR
IR2 Inserm
Plateforme de Microscopie Electronique
INSERM US43 / CNRS UMS2016
Institut Curie Centre De Recherche
Centre Universitaire, Bât. 101B-110-111-112
Rue Henri Becquerel
CS 90030
91401 ORSAY Cedex, FRANCE
Phone : +33 1 69 86 30 81