[3dem] Slow connection linux - falcon3 server

benoit.zuber at ana.unibe.ch benoit.zuber at ana.unibe.ch
Thu Dec 21 03:19:35 PST 2017

Dear all

We have a linux workstation connected directly through fiber optics to the so-called FEI server, i.e. the computer where Falcon3 saves frames, which runs under Windows. Strangely, file transfer from linux to windows is fast (600 MB/s) whereas file transfer from windows to linux is slow (160 MB/s). We have tried mounting the windows drive on linux through cifs or nfs, as well as mounting the linux drive on windows through nfs and we always get the same result.

We also tested windows to windows (we connected another windows machine to the fei server) : fast both ways. And we tested linux to linux : fast both ways

We tested network speed using iperf, and it is high in either direction. It is only when we transfer files that we have problems.

Any suggestion welcome.

Thanks
Benoit

--