[3dem] Postdoctoral position in cryoEM of infectious diseases

David Veesler dveesler at uw.edu
Tue Dec 12 08:18:34 PST 2017

A postdoctoral position is immediately available in the Veesler lab at the University of Washington in Seattle. Our main research interest is to decipher the structure and function of macromolecular complexes involved in the pathogenesis of infectious diseases using cryoEM, mass spectrometry and biophysical approaches.

The University of Washington has a state-of-the-art cryoEM center providing access to a Titan Krios equipped with a phase-plate, a Gatan Bioquantum energy filter and a K2 Summit camera (soon to be updated to K3) and a TF20 outfitted with a K2 Summit (soon to be updated to a Glacios). The center also has a cryo-capable T12 and a Morgagni microscope for screening samples.

We are looking for highly-motivated applicants holding a Ph.D. or equivalent degree and have a strong track record in structural biology, biophysics and/or biochemistry.

Please send a brief statement of research interests, a curriculum vitae and contact information of three references to this email address.

David Veesler, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Biochemistry
University of Washington