[3dem] Postdoctoral position in cryo-EM of mammalian circadian clock complexes at Harvard Medical School

Charles Weitz Charles_Weitz at hms.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 11 09:22:45 PST 2017

Postdoctoral position in cryo-EM analysis of mammalian circadian clock complexes at Harvard Medical School

A postdoctoral position is available for cryo-EM analysis of the protein complexes comprising the core of the mammalian circadian clock, a molecular oscillator present in all or nearly all cells that drives daily rhythms of physiology and behavior.  Applicants should have a Ph.D. (or equivalent) and be accomplished in biochemistry and structural biology.  Expertise in cryo-EM would be especially desirable.  We have made progress in single-particle analysis of circadian clock complexes purified from mouse tissues (Aryal et al., Mol. Cell, 67, 770 [2017]).  Our early studies provide the first structural view of native circadian clock machinery from a eukaryote, and we aim to obtain high-resolution structures.

Please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references to Charles J. Weitz, M.D., Ph.D. (Email:  cweitz at hms.harvard.edu <mailto:cweitz at hms.harvard.edu>).