[3dem] Gatan cryo-controller

Henning Stahlberg HStahlberg at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 5 06:52:08 PST 2009

Dear Takashi,

I believe the Gatan 626 holders have two heaters: One is in the tip
region, and is used for heating the sample. This one appears to have
failed in your case. The other one is at the zeolite underneath the
LN2 dewar, and is used to warmup the dewar. This one still seems to
work in your case.
If you attempt to regulate the tip temperature by warming up the LN2
dewar, you might have massive LN2 boiling.

Did you look into the cable that connects the controller with the
holder? One of the wires in the plugs of this cable might be loose.

Henning.