[3dem] Annoncing a major update of the detbelt server.

vincent Chaptal vincent.chaptal at ibcp.fr
Mon Mar 25 07:02:59 PDT 2024

Dear membrane-protein aficionados,

I am happy to announce a major update of the detbelt server:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://detbelt.ibcp.fr/__;!!Mih3wA!AdQOZEzWtE7OLkJfU-0kcSqWExJKXq2k0v_FhcIhhYvpWojPaLbQrdTuyS0K-el-FW6ODYVRTcBWf6O_vjhJC1pX0O2LoQ$
This server has been created to represent the bulk occupied by
amphipathic molecules around a membrane protein.

* A database has been created with many entries from the OPM server and
Stephen White database; you may thus enter a pdb code or search by
keyword (i.e. GPCR, or ATP, or Kir6.2,…).
Alternatively you can also submit your own pdb (ensuring that it is
already oriented using the OPM server).

* Videos have been made on the tutorial webpage to explain how to use
the server, what to expect in outputs, the choice of the hollow cylinder
representation, etc..: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://detbelt.ibcp.fr/tutorial__;!!Mih3wA!AdQOZEzWtE7OLkJfU-0kcSqWExJKXq2k0v_FhcIhhYvpWojPaLbQrdTuyS0K-el-FW6ODYVRTcBWf6O_vjhJC1q5B9ALxg$
Introduction video: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVdk9QfpZt0__;!!Mih3wA!AdQOZEzWtE7OLkJfU-0kcSqWExJKXq2k0v_FhcIhhYvpWojPaLbQrdTuyS0K-el-FW6ODYVRTcBWf6O_vjhJC1pTOtBGfQ$

* A new Chimera button has been introduced allowing you to download a
script to represent the detergent belt in ChimeraX (attached picture).

The purpose of Detbelt is to be a tool for biochemists, to better handle
your sample. Last time it was useful for me was when I optimized the
lipid:protein ratio for reconstitution experiments. Should I use 500
lipids, 5000 or 50,000? Depending on your needs, Detbelt will give you
in 2 minutes the idea of what the sample might look like and guide your
choice.

All submissions to the server are anonymous.
Don’t hesitate to contact me in case of problem, or if you think another
functionality should be added.

Best regards
Vincent Chaptal

--

Vincent Chaptal, PhD

Director of GdR APPICOM

Drug Resistance and Membrane Proteins Lab

MMSB -UMR5086

7 passage du Vercors

69007 LYON

FRANCE