[3dem] Senior Scientist in Automation (cryoFIB/SEM and cryo-vEM)

Grange, Michael (RFI,RAL,-) Michael.Grange at rfi.ac.uk
Mon Jan 29 01:59:29 PST 2024

Dear colleagues,

We have an open position for a senior scientist in automation, which will work to streamline and automate our FIB/SEM workflows, including volumetric (cryo) imaging and lift out approaches.

Please find an overview of the role below:

Overview:
Current in-situ structural biology workflows for cryoET in tissue are laborious, requiring individuals to remain at the side of the microscope. This is due to these capabilities being in their infancy, with critical parameters being established and targeting in bulk materials requiring methods able to recognise and identify regions of interest. At the Franklin, we are establishing workflows capable of investigating multiple tissue samples per day and generating sections able to be thinned to electron transparency. You will develop this working closely with researchers at the Franklin enabling the examination of disease-relevant observations in-situ using multi-modal imaging to streamline the targeting of specific regions of interest, and optimising protocols for ion beam milling.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like to know more and if you know anyone who may find this interesting, please do pass it on.

Link: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://opportunities.rfi.ac.uk/vacancy/senior-scientist-in-automation-549552.html__;!!Mih3wA!C8TOGkKlU9HbZ4vzXBV8ByoJjDHfRHWHKNl1Ey1UbaKXLSH9p4xVUYujCK1D8tVBzgFXI-AVsrPI25PE66AQwAlErPO20g$

Best,
Michael

—
Michael Grange, D.Phil.,
Group Leader and Wellcome Investigator,
Structural Biology,
The Rosalind Franklin Institute,
Harwell Research Campus,
Oxfordshire, OX11 0FA
Email: michael.grange at rfi.ac.uk
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.rfi.ac.uk__;!!Mih3wA!C8TOGkKlU9HbZ4vzXBV8ByoJjDHfRHWHKNl1Ey1UbaKXLSH9p4xVUYujCK1D8tVBzgFXI-AVsrPI25PE66AQwAn8rr0IUw$

—
I sometimes send emails outside of normal working hours. If you receive an email outside of the time in which you normally work, of course, please feel no obligation to reply immediately.

The Rosalind Franklin Institute is a registered charity in England and Wales (No. 1179810) and Company Limited by Guarantee Registered in England and Wales (No. 11266143). The institute is funded by UK Research and Innovation through the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.