[3dem] Post-doc position

Hernando J Sosa hernando.sosa at einsteinmed.edu
Thu Feb 22 11:04:28 PST 2024

Dear all,

The Sosa Laboratory in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented Postdoctoral Researcher to join our group. Research in our lab is dedicated to uncovering the mechanisms of action of various biological macromolecular machines, employing a diverse set of experimental approaches. The successful candidate will play a key role in elucidating the mechanisms underlying the function of members of the kinesin superfamily of motor proteins, including their pathogenic variants.

Applicants for this position should hold a Ph.D. in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or a closely related field. A strong background and expertise in cryo-EM techniques are highly desirable. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of productivity and scientific contributions, as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented research environment, are essential.

Interested applicants are invited to submit their application materials, including a Curriculum Vitae (CV), professional references, and a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and research interests, via email to:: hernando.sosa at einsteinmed.edu<mailto:hernando.sosa at einsteinmed.edu>.  The position is available for an immediate start, and applications will be considered until the position is filled.

We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, access to state-of-the-art research facilities and resources, as well as opportunities for professional development and career advancement in a collaborative and stimulating research environment. For a complete list of the postdoctoral salary ranges, please visit our website:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.einsteinmed.edu/research/belfer-institute/postdoctoral-policies/__;!!Mih3wA!GjmNHxwMrhuPkm2D94wTdvS2p4ztF9jWF2Xe0-LRRolFSKOPLe__BBMH3xafw-puBX7NXG2nZf_H9vys5p_QhH3UCAMKbcMQ$ . The salary for this position exceeds the guidelines set by the NIH, ensuring competitive compensation.

The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.

Hernando Sosa, PhD.
Dept. of Biochemistry
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Av.