[3dem] plasma cleaner question

Ruben Diaz Avalos rdiaz at lji.org
Wed Feb 14 19:22:49 PST 2024

Hi David,

We have also a Fischione plasma cleaner, to which we have connected a
Nitrogen and an Argon tank. The instrument vents to the lab and EH & S has
no problem with that. I don't think the process of plasma cleaning would
produce any noxious gases anyway.

Ruben.

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 12:48 PM Morgan, David Gene <dagmorga at indiana.edu>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is for any of you who have a plasma cleaner.  What have you done
> about venting the "exhaust gases" from the device?
>
> We are moving our Fischione plasma cleaner into a new area sample prep
> area.  In the old location, we were able to connect the exit port of the
> cleaner directly into the exhaust snorkel where a fume hood was once
> connected.  In our new location, that will either be impossible or will
> require a connection that spans many meters and passes through multiple
> walls.
>
> I am wondering how necessary people think it is to vent directly into some
> sort of building exhaust system.  Any thoughts?
>
> As always, thanks in advance for your comments and ideas.
>
> --
>     politics is more difficult than physics.
>                                              A. Einstein
>
>             David Gene Morgan
>         Electron Microscopy Center
>              047E Simon Hall