[3dem] plasma cleaner question

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 14 12:47:54 PST 2024

Hi,

This is for any of you who have a plasma cleaner.  What have you done about venting the "exhaust gases" from the device?

We are moving our Fischione plasma cleaner into a new area sample prep area.  In the old location, we were able to connect the exit port of the cleaner directly into the exhaust snorkel where a fume hood was once connected.  In our new location, that will either be impossible or will require a connection that spans many meters and passes through multiple walls.

I am wondering how necessary people think it is to vent directly into some sort of building exhaust system.  Any thoughts?

As always, thanks in advance for your comments and ideas.

--
    politics is more difficult than physics.
                                             A. Einstein

            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center
             047E Simon Hall