[3dem] Cooling water

Ruben Diaz pindusito at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 14:32:26 PST 2024

Hi all,

I have a silly question: what type of water do people use to keep the
microscopes happy and chilled? We have already had two instances of
corrosion on the cameras (K3), which have resulted in uber-pricey repairs,
but the other parts of the microscopes seem perfectly fine and
corrosion-free. The water does not show any unusual hardness or presence of
ions that could be blamed for the corrosion. I am very interested to hear
if other people have faced similar problems, and how they have been solved.

Ruben.