[3dem] Particles.star file in Tomo Relion

Sylvain Trepout sylvain.trepout at monash.edu
Tue Feb 6 00:06:58 PST 2024

Hi Manon,

To generate the particles.star file, you first need to know where your
particles are in your tomograms.

There are several ways of doing this, using a Imod model file, using Cryolo
.box files, etc.

Then, you just need to transform (awk might already be your friend) the
format to match what is required for Relion without forgetting to
copy/paste the header and column information from an existing
particles.star file and without forgetting the binning you might have use
during picking the particles.

Hope this is useful.

Best wishes,
Sylvain