[3dem] Postdoc fellowship for scientists of (mixed) Black heritage at LMB

Sjors Scheres scheres at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 13:58:51 PST 2024

Dear colleagues,

The MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology (LMB) is proud to launch a new
three-year fully funded postdoctoral fellowship for scientists from
Black heritage backgrounds.

The LMB has a proud history of training generations of postdoctoral
scientists who have gone on to great things across the biomedical
sciences and beyond. We want to enable scientists of Black heritage who
are brimming with potential and passion for molecular biology and the
biomedical sciences to learn and grow their experience in our unique
collaborative research environment based in our state-of-the-art
building on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus. The LMB will provide
support for Fellows to move their career forward including a generous
training budget and mentoring from LMB scientists.

While the paucity of Black scientists is evident across the UK’s higher
education sector, the LMB is committed to playing its part to improve
the representation of Black heritage scientists and to provide role
models for future generations of scientists. This is why we are offering
targeted funding for two Fellows every year.

This scheme is open to people who self-identify as being from a Black
heritage background, including a mixed Black heritage background.
Applicants must be either: UK domiciled researchers who wish to conduct
their research in the UK, or non-UK domiciled researchers who have
studied in the UK for a degree and/or PhD.

Please see our website for more information:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/recruitment/rising-talent-fellowship/__;!!Mih3wA!EQ694qmeM6JTzOOIySuTUO6IjpCkBs87Z9BmTwC2WIcFaY1spbPc_WbzJt9QOGPcaEZ4D5oWuqQMloEEyjZE6z6BI5c$

Best wishes,

Sjors