[3dem] Cryo-FIB liftout -- Ice contamination issues when transferring from FIB to TEM

Mekidelawit Girma Tirfe mekdigb at kaist.ac.kr
Sun Apr 28 18:21:00 PDT 2024

Hello everyone!

My question goes to anyone who is using cryo-FIB liftout method to prepare cryo-ET sample. The sample is just cryofixed no other fixation technique is used.
I am sure you are familiar with the ice contamination issue when transferring sample after making lamella,
I would be very happy to hear some ideas how to minimize ice aggregates on the lamella.

Best regards,
Mekidelawit GirmaDepartment of Bio and Brain Engineering - PhD34141 대전광역시 유성구 대학로 291 한국과학기술원(KAIST)
기초과학동 (E6-6) 110호 Tel (+82) 010-3319-2094 Email  mekdigb at kaist.ac.kr mailto:mekdigb at kaist.ac.kr