[3dem] Postdoc position available at the University of Colorado AMC

Zheng, Hongjin hongjin.zheng at cuanschutz.edu
Mon Apr 1 16:58:35 PDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,

The Zheng Laboratory at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus invites applications for a dynamic and passionate postdoctoral fellow to join our team. We are dedicated to unraveling the structural and functional mechanisms of various disease-related membrane proteins and protein complexes, with a focus on human solute carriers and bacterial siderophore ABC importers, among others.

In this role, the postdoctoral fellow will:

•       Employ cutting-edge cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) to elucidate protein structures.

•       Utilize various biochemical and biophysical methods to investigate protein functions.

•       Conduct molecular dynamics simulations to explore structural dynamics.

The selected candidate will be an integral part of a collaborative and supportive research environment, with opportunities for professional development and interdisciplinary interaction. On campus, you will have access to state-of-the-art core facilities, including cryo-EM, biophysics, protein expression labs, and more. This position is generously funded by an NIH grant and is available for a period of four years, offering a unique opportunity for sustained research and publication.

Qualifications:

•       PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Structural Biology, or a related field.

•       Experience in cryo-EM, protein biochemistry, or computational biology is advantageous.

•       A strong track record of research achievements and excellent communication skills.

To apply, please submit the following to Dr. Hongjin Zheng at hongjin.zheng at cuanschutz.edu:

•       A cover letter detailing your research interests and career goals.

•       Curriculum Vitae.

•       Contact information for three references.

We look forward to your application and to the possibility of your joining our team and contributing to groundbreaking research in membrane proteins.

Hongjin Zheng
Associate Professor
Biochemistry & Molecular Genetics
University of Colorado
Anschutz Medical Campus
12801 East 17th Ave, Room L18-9111A, Aurora, CO 80045 | Mail Stop 8101
E: hongjin.zheng at cuanschutz.edu | P: 303.724.4511
[image001.png]