[3dem] Permanent position on the cryo-electron microscopy facility at Université Paris-Saclay (FRANCE)

LARQUET Eric eric.larquet at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Wed Sep 27 02:37:19 PDT 2023

A permanent position is open to join the cryo-electron microscopy facility
at Université Paris-Saclay (cryoEM at UPSaclay) in the south of Paris,
France. cryoEM at UPSaclay is a joint facility between the French synchrotron
source SOLEIL and the Institute for Integrative Biology of the Cell (I2BC)
from CEA Joliot Saclay

The facility provides state-of-the-art resources in biological cryoEM to
the Paris-Saclay community, and beyond to academic and private users. We
recently purchased two microscopes: a Titan Krios G4 and a Glacios2, to be
installed at SOLEIL and I2BC, respectively. The open position is for a
research engineer employed by CEA, the French Alternative Energies and
Atomic Energy Commission. CEA is a key player in fundamental research,
development and innovation in physics and life sciences, including
research in low-carbon energies. The successful applicant will operate the
Titan Krios at SOLEIL for single particle analysis and electron tomography
(cryoET). He/She will plan and execute experiments for in-house and
external users, manage and analyse the data, and assist users in
performing these steps as required. He/She will also take part in the
development of new methods in these rapidly-expanding fields, and interact
with the engineering facilities at SOLEIL and at I2BC. Finally, the
applicant will be an active contributor to develop correlative microscopy,
including light microscopy and X-ray imaging such as soft X-ray
tomography, taking advantage of the opportunities afforded by the
synchrotron environment. The applicant should have a PhD in physical or
biological sciences and experiences in cryoEM, with a demonstrated
proficiency in the use of electron microscopes. Experience at a cryoEM
facility and in interfacing with users is an important plus; expertise in
cryo-ET and/or cryo-CLEM is highly desirable.

Contacts:  <mailto:stephane.bressanelli at i2bc.paris-saclay.fr>
stephane.bressanelli at i2bc.paris-saclay.fr and
<mailto:andrew.thompson at synchrotron-soleil.fr>
andrew.thompson at synchrotron-soleil.fr