[3dem] Call for applications: Full-Stack Software Engineer @CryoCloud

Robert Englmeier robert at cryocloud.io
Mon Sep 25 08:22:25 PDT 2023

Dear all,

We are looking for a talented Full-Stack Software Engineer to support the development of our cloud-based cryo-EM image analysis platform<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cryocloud.io/__;!!Mih3wA!F7McELjeIS2bY-BwjxBaPo5xWu89rH4qlymQHp23y-raVu44HqD77x1enEWfPC5qCH601VYVtJzM7TFzhv6twg$ >.
The position does not require cryo-EM expertise, but it would be a strong advantage. If you have previously worked with a talented software engineer, I would appreciate it if you could forward the information.

Please find the job description below.

Thank you and best,
Robert

About CryoCloud
We are a young Startup located in Utrecht, Netherlands. Our mission is to make cryo-EM processing more accessible, affordable & automated, and to eliminate the need for hardware and software setup and maintenance.
Key Responsibilities

  *   Directly contribute to our front-end and backend code.
  *   Expand our platform by adding cutting-edge features.
  *   Develop complex user-facing data visualization features using known libraries.
  *   Optimize performance to improve the user experience and reduce API workloads.
  *   Help identify & solve bugs.
  *   Contribute to dailies, sprint planning, ticket triaging etc.
Qualifications

  *   MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
  *   +3 years of hands-on industry experience, delivering full-stack software solutions.
  *   Intimate knowledge of React /w TypeScript.
  *   Intimate knowledge of API development.
  *   Experienced in Python /w FastAPI, Pydantic & SQLAlchemy (or comparable alternatives).
  *   Experience /w AWS or other cloud environments (certified and/or proven experience).
  *   You live and breathe the classics: Git, Docker, Agile, Jira (or comparable alternatives).
  *   Available to start in October.
  *   Ideally you are located in the Netherlands, or willing to relocate; remote hiring worldwide is an option for exceptional candidates.
What we offer

  *   The opportunity to have a great impact in a young and agile start-up, shape the development of our platform and contribute to the research success of our users.
  *   You will have the option to either work fully remotely or hybrid.
  *   A competitive salary and 28 days of leave.
Working at CryoCloud
You will be welcomed into a small team that prides itself on openness, transparency, and sustainability. We are committed to fostering a collaborative environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and personal growth. We aim to inspire excellence, celebrate contributions, and empower individuals to drive innovation in the cryo-EM field.
We are based in Utrecht, a medieval town with a beautiful city center in the heart of one of Europe’s most exciting metro regions (the Randstad). Located 30 mins from Amsterdam and other major cities, you will benefit from a culturally rich environment with access to world-class museums, theatres & art. The Netherlands provides an excellent train network and the best cycling infrastructure in the world – be prepared to part ways with your car and traffic jams, and to have access to all necessary facilities within a 15 min bike ride.
Application Instructions
Please send your CV and motivation to apply at cryocloud.io<mailto:apply at cryocloud.io> with the subject line “Full-Stack Software Engineer”.
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. As part of the application process, we request that all candidates complete a brief assignment after the 1st interview. The assignment is designed to assess relevant skills, and will take approximately 2- 3h to complete.