[3dem] Solarus H2 only

Schwartz, Cindi (NIH/NIAID) [E] cindi.schwartz at nih.gov
Fri Sep 15 09:38:58 PDT 2023

Hi there,

We're trying to set up our Solarus 950 to do a H2 only plasma on graphene grids.

We have tried many, many permutations, but are unable to generate plasma with H2 only. In fact, at this point, we realize that our O2:H2 program is probably actually O2 only.

  1.  O2 only has plasma
  2.  H2 only does not have plasma
  3.  We move the O2 line to the H2 input in the back of the machine, we get plasma
  4.  We move the H2 line to the O2 input and we do not get plasma
  5.  We have the line unattached to the machine and we can get H2 gas coming out of the line
  6.  We have tried maxing the allowable sccm for H2 and no plasma
  7.  We have not tried adjusting the wattage, which default is 50 W

If you have a working program, can you please share? Or any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Cindi L. Schwartz
(she/her/why?<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.edi.nih.gov/blog/communities/what-are-gender-pronouns-why-do-they-matter__;!!Mih3wA!DufRgkD-52F_K0kckRxh66tiGaIbZFZO9LnYVVvawRd3GjX_aZrdXlOqNDs3IiBK_4O9d1AaBb3FWq43M2kxGNSJEnmw$ >)

Electron Microscopist
Rocky Mountain Labs/NIAID/NIH
903 South 4th Street
Hamilton, MT  59840
406-363-9228
Cindi.Schwartz at NIH.gov<mailto:Cindi.Schwartz at NIH.gov>

We cultivate a culture of inclusion where diverse talent is leveraged to advance health discovery.

The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall not accept liability for any statements made that are sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.