[3dem] Carbon evaporator for SPA

Tobias Furstenhaupt furstenh at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Sep 14 03:04:12 PDT 2023

Hello Marion,

We have the safematic CCU-010. It is a pure roomtemperature machine, not too expensive, simple and fast. We use it only to evaporate some nm carbon (or gold with another head) on our samples - we have no experience in creating continuous films with this machine. For our purposes it works fast and reliable. It works with carbon thread evaporation, oil-free pumping (if you pay for it) (turbo and prepump), quartz monitor (overall deposition and deposition rate), sample stage rotation (even planetary rotation possible as option).
If it fits your requirement profile, try to demo it/get an on-site demo specifically for film preparation.

cheers
Tobias

PS: you are more than welcome to visit us in lovely Dresden to test it.
PPS: in germany baltic-praeparation.de sells the CCU-010. Mrs. and Mr. Wiemer are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. And he worked before at Bal-Tec :)

Tobias Fürstenhaupt, PhD
head of Electron Microscopy
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG)
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 Dresden, Germany

phone: (+49) (0)351 / 210-2690
cell: (+49) (0)176 / 44498706 (NEW!)