[3dem] 2D classification resolution problem

Dario Saczko-Brack dariobrack at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 7 02:48:34 PDT 2023

Dear all,

I have acquired a small cryo EM data set of a protein (ca 120kDa) and
processed it with Relion and Cryosparc. Since the 2D classes looked
promising, but the orientation bias was very strong and the number of
usable holes was very small, I made new grids and acquired another, much
larger data set of the same protein at 0° and 30°.

For some reason, I dont get to a similar resolution as the first data
set. Any idea why? Would you say that is rather due to not optimal
processing parameters or is it due to bad ice quality? Meaning, is it
worth to invest more time into processing or into making new grids?

Best

Dario