[3dem] Stanford EM-X Symposium: December 4th, 2023, 8:00-9:30 AM

Dunn, Lisa B. lisa at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 20 15:48:57 PST 2023

We are pleased to invite you to our December 2023 Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium on Monday, December 4th, 2023, 8:00-9:30 AM (PST).

Speakers:

Dr. Alexis Rohou
Senior Principal Scientist and Director of cryoEM at Genentech, San Francisco
Talk Title: Catalyzing drug discovery with cryoEM
Bio: Dr. Alexis Rohou is a Senior Principal Scientist in the department of Structural Biology at Genentech and the Director of its cryoEM group. Following a PhD in structural biology from Imperial College London, he specialized in algorithm and software development for single-particle cryoEM during his postdoctoral career at the HHMI (Brandeis University and Janelia Research Campus). At Genentech, his cryoEM group supports drug discovery and basic research across several therapeutic areas; he supports a large number of projects and aims to solve structures of protein targets bound by small molecules, antibody fragments, or peptides. He specializes in methods development for cryoEM and in its applications to drug discovery.

Prof. Erdmann Spiecker
Professor at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
Talk Title: Twist enables superlubric sliding in bilayer graphene
Bio: Erdmann´s research interest centers around defects in crystalline materials and their impact on materials properties. With his group he applies advanced and in situ microscopy techniques to study defects like dislocations, planar faults and interface structures in a variety of materials ranging from 2D materials to thin functional films to high temperature superalloys.

We expect a large attendance, please register soon at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stanford.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_g2SgqrB2R7Ke2p7Pmjre_w__;!!Mih3wA!B259S505-j8FYjwWkhpwXt8KaxakAMsmvOlPKCgVKuJQ2INTKp_OdWPGzja7uET8KGRuIz_MmizClsJNE9e5CH0$  and visit our official website at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!B259S505-j8FYjwWkhpwXt8KaxakAMsmvOlPKCgVKuJQ2INTKp_OdWPGzja7uET8KGRuIz_MmizClsJNRBPFBOU$  and https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/previous-speakers__;!!Mih3wA!B259S505-j8FYjwWkhpwXt8KaxakAMsmvOlPKCgVKuJQ2INTKp_OdWPGzja7uET8KGRuIz_MmizClsJN1vXWZos$  to see our previous speakers.

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Regards,
Wah Chiu
Wallenberg-Bienenstock Professor
Department of Bioengineering
Division of CryoEM and Bioimaging, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Stanford University