[3dem] Two Postdoctoral positions for cryoET - Gatsogiannis Lab- Center for Soft Nanoscience, Münster, Germany

Gatsogiannis, Christos, Prof. Dr. christos.gatsogiannis at uni-muenster.de
Fri Nov 17 03:11:26 PST 2023

Dear all,

We have two postdoctoral positions for candidates interested in cryo-electron tomography and in situ structural biology.

In our lab at the Centre for Soft Nanoscience, University of Münster, Germany, we use cryoEM SPA, cryoET and image processing to determine structures of macromolecular complexes. For these specific third party funded projects, directly in situ in organelles or cells. Our institute has excellent infrastructure for cryoEM, including a Titan Krios G4 equipped with Falcon 4i and SelectrisX, an Aquilos 2 equipped with iFLM and liftout, and a Talos L120C screening TEM.

Project 1 focuses on the architecture of the yeast peroxisome - here we aim to elucidate in situ structures of macromolecular complexes that play a critical role in peroxisomal biogenesis and disorders.

Project 2 is in collaboration with Timo Strünker's lab, UKM Münster and aims to provide mechanistic insights into key flagellar complexes of human sperm to understand the molecular mechanisms controlling sperm function in health and disease.

Applications by Dec. 13th here:

Postdoctoral Research Associate (gn*) cryoEM/cryo electron tomography (ukmuenster.de)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs-sf.ukmuenster.de/job/Universit**At-M**Anster-Postdoctoral-Research-Associate-*28gn*29-cryoEMcryo-electron-tomography/1006403001/__;w6TDvCUl!!Mih3wA!Dt-kjx3WGCbaS_JEAtVhkIxCKh8fzAufYu3tJJg8WGlfDyGT9lyFWcQNPUy4xzijNEQBZzf8HjCdG516OC6g14tFRCuls2WWZVdu$ >

Postdoctoral Research Associate (gn*) (ukmuenster.de)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs-sf.ukmuenster.de/job/UKM-Postdoctoral-Research-Associate-*28gn*29/1006407201/__;JSU!!Mih3wA!Dt-kjx3WGCbaS_JEAtVhkIxCKh8fzAufYu3tJJg8WGlfDyGT9lyFWcQNPUy4xzijNEQBZzf8HjCdG516OC6g14tFRCuls1-VS32H$ >

Successful candidates will join a large, vibrant and highly interdisciplinary community.

Please feel free to contact me directly for informal enquiries about the projects and positions.

Best wishes,

Christos Gatsogiannis

Prof. Dr. Christos Gatsogiannis  | Center for Soft Nanoscience and Institute of Medical Physics and Biophysics |
|Busso-Peus-Str. 10, 48149 Münster, Germany | Room 110.001 |
|Tel.  +49 251 83 34411 | Office Tel +49 251 83 34444 | Twitter @gatsogia |