[3dem] open PhD position at Umeå University, Sweden (deadline 17 Dec)

Lars-Anders Carlson lars-anders.carlson at umu.se
Wed Nov 15 10:29:34 PST 2023

Dear colleagues,
My group at Umeå University, Sweden has an open, four-year PhD student position.

We are looking for a student to join us in our pursuit of positive-strand RNA virus replication. As usual in our group, cryo-electron tomography is likely to be a major focus. But we hope the student will enjoy mixing that up with e.g. cell biology of virus infections as well as biochemical studies. There's ample room for project customisation. A full suite of high-end cryo-EM equipment exists in house, as well as a welcoming and collaborative infection biology environment in Umeå.

It seems customary to point out (even though it should be self-evident) that the position is fully funded and comes with all the benefits of an employment in Sweden.

If this sounds interesting, don't hesitate to get in touch with any informal enquiries. You can find some more info here along with a link to the university's application portal:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.carlsonlab.se/join/__;!!Mih3wA!Ac5SGeEhW5KSaYpDKe40rQ8pQ-OMOrovMgaud3aOJcFPZOuq2q6zLdK3aSZ_JoYxfOwyKYj0Eax_YNyP1QqwXSN6tMHgug$

Deadline is 17 December.

Best,
Lars

--
Lars-Anders Carlson
Assoc Prof, Dept of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics