[3dem] Microscope support and instrument staff openings at the Ruska Center Jülich, Germany

Sachse, Carsten c.sachse at fz-juelich.de
Tue Nov 14 23:00:04 PST 2023

Dear list members,

We are looking to recruit a cryo-EM support technician and a cryo-EM instrument scientist at the Ruska Center in Jülich.
1. Cryo-EM technician
https://www.fz-juelich.de/de/karriere/stellenangebote/2023-410
2. Cryo-EM instrument scientist
https://www.fz-juelich.de/de/karriere/stellenangebote/2023-411

The Ernst Ruska-Centre (ER-C) at the Forschungszentrum Jülich houses highly advanced electron microscopes and tools for nanocharacterisation of materials for the Life and the Physical Sciences. The facility also includes  state-of-the-art cryo-microscopes. In the framework of ER-C2.0, we expanded our instrumentation with worldwide unique tools. The Structural Biology division of the ER-C investigates the structural and molecular mechanism of membrane biology processes and pushes the development of cryo-EM related methodology.

In this setting, we are looking for enthusiastic applicants with expertise and interest in TEM, STEM, FIB-SEM operation and support.
In case you have any questions about the position do not hesitate to contact me about the positions.

Best wishes,

Carsten
Prof. Dr. Carsten Sachse

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Ernst-Ruska Centre for Microscopy and Spectroscopy with Electrons / ER-C-3 Structural Biology
Institute for Biological Information Processing / IBI-6 Cellular Structural Biology
Wilhelm-Johnen-Straße, 52425 Jülich, Germany
https://go.fzj.de/erc3-ibi6
http://sachse.fz-juelich.de
https://twitter.com/SachseGroup
Email: c.sachse at fz-juelich.de