[3dem] Gatan pumping station Model 655, control commands of the turbo pump

Eric Mark mark at uni-potsdam.de
Thu May 11 08:44:33 PDT 2023

Dear all,

We recently send the pumps of our Gatan pumping station (Model 655) for servicing and now have issues with the HIPACE 80 turbo pump as well as the TC-100 control unit (Pfeiffer Vacuum). The servicing was done by Pfeiffer Vacuum. According to the mechanic, one of the control commands was changed during servicing so that the pump is not starting automatically when power is applied. However, it looks like the pumping station expects the pump to start automatically.
We assume that the mechanic reset all control commands to factory default during the servicing. So we wanted to ask, if anybody knows the important control commands Gatan uses for the HIPACE pump. For example, it would be very important for us to know at which rotation speed the pump is working in the pumping station.
Thanks in advance for any response.

Cheers
Eric

Eric Mark