[3dem] Summer 2023: Fun, ice cream... and a PAID INTERNSHIP at Genentech?

Dimitry Tegunov tegunov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 08:14:15 PDT 2023

Dear graduate students in the US,

I'd like to suggest an exciting addition to your summer plans: a 12-week
paid internship in my group at Genentech
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://roche.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/ROG-A2O-GENE-INTERN/job/South-San-Francisco/XMLNAME-2023-Summer-Intern---Cryo-Electron-Microscopy-and-Machine-Learning_202301-102527__;!!Mih3wA!Eg0PwuNCIEcESA-AQ6LbtUl5LbO7SvFnWTyj8ehSIQDMfxOs2VXtpq2j1WAvihgJHIkrOB4etEdf7INPkw$ >
.

We will work on applying ML methods to challenging problems in cryo-EM. The
project difficulty will depend on your skill set. It will also give you a
sneak peek at industry life, and time spent at Genentech never looks bad on
a CV.

To qualify, you need to be an active MSc or PhD student in the US and have
some experience in machine learning applied to image processing. Depending
on your graduate program, you may also need their blessing. This position
is on-site only, not remote. You can start between May and June.

We pay $21–$50/hour depending on qualifications, with an additional
one-time bonus to make sure you can afford all that extra sunscreen among
other things. Ice cream will be provided.

Please apply within the next 2 weeks, no reference letters needed, just
your CV and an optional cover letter:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://roche.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/ROG-A2O-GENE-INTERN/job/South-San-Francisco/XMLNAME-2023-Summer-Intern---Cryo-Electron-Microscopy-and-Machine-Learning_202301-102527__;!!Mih3wA!Eg0PwuNCIEcESA-AQ6LbtUl5LbO7SvFnWTyj8ehSIQDMfxOs2VXtpq2j1WAvihgJHIkrOB4etEdf7INPkw$

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Dimitry

--
*Dimitry Tegunov*