[3dem] postdoctoral position in the MICA group, IBS Grenoble

Irina Gutsche irina.gutsche at ibs.fr
Mon Jun 26 10:32:38 PDT 2023

Dear cryo-EM and cryo-ET community,

I'd like to draw your attention to a postdoctoral position available in
our Microscopic Imaging of Complex Assemblies (MICA) group at the
Institute of Structural Biology (IBS), Grenoble, France. We have several
promising projects underway on microbial and mitochondrial molecular
machines, and are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with experience
in the computational aspects of cryo-EM and cryo-ET. If you are
motivated to apply current software and go beyond the state of the art
by developing your own tools to solve and analyse structures and
dynamics of flexible, heterogeneous samples and their supramolecular
organisation in increasingly complex environments, please email me at
irina.gutsche at ibs.fr. Knowledge and experience in Python and deep
learning frameworks would be an advantage. For those who love or wish to
get trained in experimental cryo-EM, access to the excellent cryo-EM
platform of the IBS is available. Otherwise, cryo-ET and single particle
cryo-EM data sets on several challenging projects have already been
collected and are waiting for you to join us in unlocking their
mysteries. This is a two-year, renewable position offering a unique
opportunity to work on exciting projects within a small and friendly
interdisciplinary research group, within a top research environment in
the French Alps.

We are looking forward to hearing from you,

Irina Gutsche, MICA group, IBS Grenoble