[3dem] Call for applications: Computer Scientist | cryo-EM image analysis expert – hybrid / remote @CryoCloud

Robert Englmeier robert at cryocloud.io
Thu Jun 15 05:22:35 PDT 2023

Dear 3DEM community,

We are looking for a computer scientist and cryo-EM image analysis expert to support the development of new workflows, features, and algorithms for our cloud-based cryo-EM image analysis platform.
The position will be available starting from August 2023.

About CryoCloud
We are a startup located in Utrecht, the Netherlands, and we develop cloud-based solutions for cryo-EM image analysis. Our mission is to make cryo-EM more accessible, affordable & automated, and to eliminate the need for hardware and software setup & maintenance.

Responsibilities

  *   drive the development of new cryo-EM workflows and image analysis algorithms to deliver the best performance and experience to our users
  *   embed existing software packages, optimize their performance, and make them interoperable with existing workflows and packages in CryoCloud
  *   integrate new workflows into CryoCloud’s UI together with our developer team
  *   assist our team with the development of new UX features & data visualization
  *   analyze datasets for internal R&D and benchmarks
  *   assist clients with challenging projects, connect with our users and use insights for the development of new features and workflows

Requirements

  *   you are passionate about cryo-EM, get excited and inspired by the latest method papers and share our vision to automate, facilitate and improve the accessibility of cryo-EM data analysis
  *   MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Structural Biology, (Bio-)Physics, Computational Chemistry, or a related field
  *   >3 years experience in cryo-EM software development for single particle analysis
  *   experience with the major cryo-EM software packages (Relion, cryosparc, cryoDRGN, EMAN2, cisTEM, Warp/M)

Nice to have

  *   experience with cryo-ET & STA, HPC management or cloud infrastructure (Terraform, AWS), web development (TypeScript, React) or machine learning (PyTorch) are a plus

What we offer

  *   the opportunity to have a great impact in a young and agile start-up, shape the development of our platform and contribute to the research success of our users
  *   you will have the option to either work fully remote or hybrid
  *   opportunities for self-development, incl. 4 hours per week that you can spend for self-studies or working on your own project ideas.
  *   a competitive salary and 28 days of leave
  *   the option to obtain shares - we want you to participate in and benefit from the success of our startup!

Working at CryoCloud
You will be welcomed to a small team that prides itself on openness, transparency and sustainability. We are committed to fostering a collaborative environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and personal growth. We aim to inspire excellence, celebrate contributions, and empower individuals to drive innovation in the cryo-EM field.
We are located in Utrecht, a medieval town with a beautiful city center, and within one of Europe’s most exciting metro regions (the Randstad). Located 30 min from Amsterdam and other major cities, you will benefit from a culturally rich environment with access to world-class museums, theatres & art. The Netherlands provides an excellent train network and the best cycling infrastructure in the world – be prepared to part ways with your car and traffic jams, and to have access to all necessary facilities within a 15 min bike ride. But if you’re still not convinced, remote work from another European country can be considered.

To apply
Please send your CV and motivation to hi at cryocloud.io<mailto:hi at cryocloud.io> with the subject line “Computer Scientist | cryo-EM image analysis expert”.
The application deadline is July 21st, and interviews will be scheduled starting from mid-July.
If you have any questions about this position or are not sure whether you meet all requirements, please contact us via the above email address.

Thank you, and I am looking forward to receiving your application!

Best,
Robert

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D99F94.D3D38050]
Robert Englmeier, PhD
Co-Founder & CEO at CryoCloud<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cryocloud.io/__;!!Mih3wA!CuITxZCBBkETP4n5sgmw0DCJ3f7ChLXjUu3kaijc1A-yDnI6-kAYqazU_bxDHoHfxinAutTv6kFQDbQ9W2GZQQ$ > [cid:image003.png at 01D99F8B.5EEED040] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/company/cryocloud__;!!Mih3wA!CuITxZCBBkETP4n5sgmw0DCJ3f7ChLXjUu3kaijc1A-yDnI6-kAYqazU_bxDHoHfxinAutTv6kFQDbRyfe9VBg$ >  [cid:image004.png at 01D99F8B.5EEED040] <twitter.com/cryocloud_io>
Email robert at cryocloud.io<mailto:robert at cryocloud.io>