[3dem] Postdoc position - computational tools for “in situ” cryo-EM

Briggs, John briggs at biochem.mpg.de
Thu Jun 1 05:13:54 PDT 2023

Dear All,

We have a postdoc position available to develop theoretical frameworks and computational tools for image analysis of “in situ” cryo-electron microscopy data. You should have a PhD in a relevant subject (computational sciences, physics, biophysics or similar) and a strong interest in the theory and methods of cryo-electron microscopy and image analysis by classical or machine learning approaches.

In the lab we apply cryo-electron microscopy and image processing to determine the structures and distributions of protein complexes “in situ” from within viruses, cells and organisms. The Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry has outstanding facilities for cryo-electron tomography, microscopy, and image analysis. The successful candidate will join a large, vibrant community developing and applying these methods.

Applications by 23rd June via the link on this page: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mpg.de/20379064/postdoc-position-cell-and-virus-structure__;!!Mih3wA!DkVqxEpeWDpJDwoGB1bUizx9xbiFbQEgV7BhJRhNOSNVEJ91-gDAB4h0TL_wqF26MfkQHnpraoeNu7fBUyUeozc$

You can contact me with informal enquiries.

John Briggs