[3dem] Way to read raw pixel size from .eer?

Ioannis Skalidis johnskalidis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 05:46:12 PDT 2023

Dear all,

I was looking for the raw pixel size of some acquired data and realized
that when I use the 'header' command from the 3dmod package with the
-eer modifier to read the header of an .eer file, it always returns a
pixel spacing of 1 Å. Of course, I can read the header of the
corresponding .mrc files that are generated, but I was thinking if there
is a way in unix/macos environments to read the .eer metadata directly.
Does anybody have a way to do this?

Thanks,

Ioannis.

--
Dr. rer. nat. Ioannis Skalidis
Biochemistry & Cryo-EM Scientist

Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
Biozentrum, Room A.2.21
IWE ZIK HALOmem NWG III
"Kryo-Elektronenmikroskopie an Membranproteinkomplexen"
Weinbergweg 22, 06120 Halle
tel: +49 345 5524986
web (Lab): https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://blogs.urz.uni-halle.de/kastritislab/__;!!Mih3wA!Gmn7pvQYezeEFjUnp_4ZRKz9yn0Ozq2IqK_NMzyTl1K8LE6NGk2NankmQwh-A-rYzKgsjSezLeVzyhCCBF5QQ5Cc$
web (HALOmem): https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.halomem.de/en/__;!!Mih3wA!Gmn7pvQYezeEFjUnp_4ZRKz9yn0Ozq2IqK_NMzyTl1K8LE6NGk2NankmQwh-A-rYzKgsjSezLeVzyhCCBNsieF7C$