[3dem] [+externe Mail+] Re: Dry nitrogen generator that supports Aquilos cryo FIB

Cheng, Tat Cheung tatcheung.cheng at med.uni-goettingen.de
Wed Jul 5 12:40:39 PDT 2023

Hi Xinran,

We also don't have house N2 gas. What we do is to use the gas outlet from a Taylor-Wharton 250L liquid nitrogen tank, with a higher pressure regulator (set to 6 bar max). It is not a standard usage of the tank, but it works for us. One thing to note is the cold N2 gas outlet needs to be warmed up to prevent crazy condensation. One tank lasts more than 1 week. While it may be hard to measure the water content in the N2 gas outlet, and it may depend on the cleanliness of the liquid N2, but our setup allows continuous usage of the Aquilos2 for multiple days.

Tat

Multiscale Bioimaging Cluster of Excellence
Fakultät der Physik, D-1.111
Friedrich-Hund-Platz 1, 37077 Göttingen
Telephon: +49 (0)551 / 39-60783
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mbexc.de/__;!!Mih3wA!G_yCkpuJFHFFZBEfmx9IUF6C-pAF4D5BYPK9R5bhg8DGZAavOISpoNqluoQaME1RBvM013mrNAlGpHUYz1CY9i8s6YJkW2xxV1CmM6eDvQ$