[3dem] plasma cleaner

Reinhard Rachel Reinhard.Rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jan 25 10:07:37 PST 2023

Hi Ed,
> We have a Gatan Solarus that is failing, and are thinking about
replacements.
> The newer Solarus II is from 5-10 times more expensive than the simplest
> plasma cleaners out there. Does anyone have any comparisons to justify this

> very high price tag?

in our lab, people here (and myself) use a Harrick Plasma Cleaner (model PDC 3
XG from about 1991) i.e. since about 32 years. Affordable, reliable, and ZERO
maintenance cost in 32 yrs.
Recently, Harrick  sold it as model PDC-32G-2. Very similar, indeed.
you will have to buy the unit from Harrick and look for a separate pump ...
that's it.
I guess it is one of the less expensive units on the market.
kind regards - Reinhard

--
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Rachel
University of Regensburg
mail reinhard.rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
office: VKL 3.1.29
member of the IFSM board

Next microscopy conferences:
- MC2023, DGE: 26.2.-2.3. 2023
- next European EM conf.: EMC2024 in Kopenhagen, August 2024
- IMC20 in Busan, South Korea: Sept, 2023
- next Microbiol. conferences:  VAAM 26.2.-1.3. 2023 - Göttingen