[3dem] Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium - March 6, 2023

Dunn, Lisa B. lisa at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 16 15:29:48 PST 2023

We are pleased to invite you to our March 2023 Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium on Monday, March 6, 2023, 8:00-9:30 AM (PST).

Speakers:

Prof. Grant Jensen
Professor at Brigham Young University (BYU)
Talk Title: Electron cryotomography of cells: progress and potential.
Bio: Grant Jensen is Dean of the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences at Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah. His research focused on three main areas: the ultrastructure of small cells, the structural biology of HIV, and the further development of cryo-ET technology.

Prof. Joe Patterson
Assistant Professor at University of California, Irvine
Talk Title: Electrochemical Liquid TEM of Active Soft Matter
Bio: Joe Patterson is an Assistant Professor in the Chemistry Department at the University of California, Irvine. His research focuses on understanding molecular self-assembly through the development and application of Liquid and Cryo Electron Microscopy.

We expect a large attendance, and the occupancy is limited. Please register soon at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stanford.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-NVhiRSpQHaetTrlgcI60g__;!!Mih3wA!HkHrVX2au-GWoQ4xxdaNY5EiD9QiAgp0-GWB0X7Zz3dyIrAHjIFI9Yu8gapVm7xrcVKf42UVA6sa9DsqLrRvpfQ$  and visit our official website at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!HkHrVX2au-GWoQ4xxdaNY5EiD9QiAgp0-GWB0X7Zz3dyIrAHjIFI9Yu8gapVm7xrcVKf42UVA6sa9Dsq823raeY$  and https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/previous-speakers__;!!Mih3wA!HkHrVX2au-GWoQ4xxdaNY5EiD9QiAgp0-GWB0X7Zz3dyIrAHjIFI9Yu8gapVm7xrcVKf42UVA6sa9Dsqsaembr8$  to meet our previous speakers.

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Regards,
Wah Chiu
Wallenberg-Bienenstock Professor
Department of Bioengineering
Division of CryoEM and Bioimaging, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Stanford University

[cid:image002.png at 01D9421A.5BD1F690]