[3dem] Gatan 655/626 Maintenance

James Streetley James.Streetley at glasgow.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 02:02:48 PST 2023

Hi Bradley,

As per Patricia and Tobias, we have had good results just cleaning the gauge. The most recent time, cleaning didn’t seem to be enough, so I looked for more information. At least on our pumping station, the gauge is some derivative of a Pfeiffer IKR 251 so you can get a specific manual for it; eg: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://assets.thermofisher.com/TFS-Assets/CMD/manuals/Cold-Cathode.pdf__;!!Mih3wA!GrDSZcBJbwbx8K83GS4_yRnMQ5SFG9gdHHFCryQHeKPRz1hbWES_O0pE16RtQGDDYapF35w7kQ8h3Z6WFU-CiO1QZxTj1zRmaHw$

Unfortunately, I don’t have a satisfactory conclusion – I ordered and fitted a new ignition aid and mounting tool directly from Pfeiffer but it didn’t work first time and I didn’t go back to troubleshoot it again yet, but hopefully the manual gives you some idea of where to look and some confidence disassembling it.

Good luck,
James

Dr James Streetley

SCMI Facility Manager
Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging
Sir Michael Stoker Building
464 Bearsden Road
Glasgow
G61 1QH
United Kingdom

+44 141 330 2161 (office, note new extension)
+44 141 330 7495 (microscope suite)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.gla.ac.uk/researchinstitutes/iii/cvr/facilities/scmi/__;!!Mih3wA!GrDSZcBJbwbx8K83GS4_yRnMQ5SFG9gdHHFCryQHeKPRz1hbWES_O0pE16RtQGDDYapF35w7kQ8h3Z6WFU-CiO1QZxTjLf7B5Og$