[3dem] Gatan 655/626 Maintenance

Guilliams,Bradley Bradley.Guilliams at colostate.edu
Mon Dec 18 09:43:38 PST 2023

Hi Everyone,

We have a Gatan 655 Turbo Pumping Station and 626 Cryo Transfer Holder that have sat unused for a number of years. The pumping station has been 'on' consistently pulling vacuum on the 626 holder, but the gauge is not working. I was hoping the community had a lead on replacement kits for the Diaphragm pump and the MDP (originally Kit #10546 and #05577, respectively) as no maintenance has been done on the pumping station for at least 3-4 years. The instruction manual that I have for the 655 has instructions to 'service the Cold Cathode Gauge Tube' which essentially entails blowing it out with compressed air-how often does this actually fix the gauge when it the needle is reading/stuck to the far-right of the gauge?

Any advice here or leads on replacement parts would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Bradley

Bradley F. Guilliams (he/him)
PhD Candidate
Ackerson Research Group
Department of Chemistry
Colorado State University

Biological Electron Microscopy GRA
Imaging & Surface Science
Analytical Resources Core (ARC-ISS)
Office of the Vice President for Research<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.research.colostate.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!BjQ6PWi3xXc2hlOQOcv4oCe-KDd-L1Nb9odfOS-Eu045ggYrwYFccF4jSKeFJBlwVf18yOq1iITH_Wh0c2qfCrwOOArXAdw8KWs$ >

[cid:image001.png at 01DA319F.0E411BC0]