[3dem] Postdoc opportunity working with cryo-nanoSIMS at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)

Weber, Peter K. weber21 at llnl.gov
Tue Dec 12 20:55:45 PST 2023

We are seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to work with a unique next generation imaging mass spectrometry instrument (NanoSIMS) with a cryogenic stage and 10 nm spatial resolution to elucidate biogeochemical processes relevant to US Department of Energy research priorities for bioenergy and carbon cycling. The postdoc would join a US Department of Energy-funded multi-institution research program led by LLNL (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bio-sfa.llnl.gov__;!!Mih3wA!AiNWPUptnhlDBSksX-8tRDm1jS9qW7zafhjF7PIeJesECs_pyMXmNIJReOV8GjLPfpJcPVJJ-UYRgzqTO0rB$ ) focused on sustainable and predictable bioenergy crop production. This is a team-oriented project that uses a community systems biology approach to understand resource allocation consequences of microscale symbioses between microbes and bioenergy-relevant crops. Because of the unique nature of the instrument, we are open to candidates with limited experience in aspects of the research program but notable strengths in other areas. We see cryo-EM researchers with strong instrumentation experience as potentially strong candidates. Please submit applications at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers/find-your-job/8197899c-8f04-4c2a-a3eb-b3bfe99148bf/all/3743990003108196__;!!Mih3wA!AiNWPUptnhlDBSksX-8tRDm1jS9qW7zafhjF7PIeJesECs_pyMXmNIJReOV8GjLPfpJcPVJJ-UYRg_omVV_b$ . Inquiries can be directed to Peter Weber,
Weber21 at llnl.gov<mailto:Weber21 at llnl.gov>.