[3dem] Oil-less compressor for cryoTEM

Tim Gruene tim.gruene at univie.ac.at
Mon Aug 7 00:04:12 PDT 2023

Dear Joshua,

our CM200, which has been in operation for 30 years now, was
connected to a "Dental compressor 350/8/50W" by ELMAG
(https://www.elmag.eu/en/dental-compressor-350-8-50w-horizontal-21111),
when it was still installed at the Physics Department. Now we moved it
to the Chemistry department, and the CM200 and the JEM2100Plus now
share a Dental compressor by AGRE ( Kolbenkompr-ölfrei CLR
 , 15/30 S T) www.agre.at, article number
4116092268, but they only seem to have a German site).

I replace the filter every two years, and the compressor has been
running 24/7 for about three years now, no complaints.

Both compressors are oil-free.

Best wishes,
Tim

On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 16:17:40 +0000 "Strauss, Joshua Dov"
<joshua_strauss at med.unc.edu> wrote:

> Hi Fokes,
> Anyone using an oil-less compressor for your cryoTEM ? Any
> recommendations or advice based on your experience would be greatly
> appreciated.  Feel free to email me directly if you prefer.
>
> Best Regards,
> Joshua Strauss PhD
>
> Research Assistant Professor
>
> CryoEM Core Director
>
> Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
>
> The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
>
> 101 Mason Farm Rd
>
> Glaxo Research Building, room 008
>
> Chapel Hill, NC 27514
>
> 919-962-5536
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.med.unc.edu/cryo-em/__;!!Mih3wA!DdyOKwOfq36S-AlQpK84LThoFoNEgyddCFXsgkRW4VJU4U8ktgqA7On0lzwJR_cgRt4NeEfmqjPKCMp7Zdp-59TAxIr4Cpg$

Tim Gruene
Head of the Centre for X-ray Structure Analysis
Faculty of Chemistry
University of Vienna

Phone: +43-1-4277-70202

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A