[3dem] Interpretation of strange objects in a cryo-EM sample

Xinghong Dai xxd159 at case.edu
Thu Apr 13 12:47:17 PDT 2023

Not many things can be "lighter" than water in electron density. I would
say they are just air bubbles. You can easily make bubbles by pipetting
when there is detergent.

Best regards,

Xinghong

Xinghong Dai, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Department of Physiology and Biophysics

Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine

Email: xinghong.dai at case.edu

Office: +1 216-368 5131            Cell: +1 216-232 0939

Courier delivery: 2109 Adelbert Rd, Robbins E610, Cleveland, OH 44106