[3dem] Interpretation of strange objects in a cryo-EM sample

Kizziah, James kizziah4 at uab.edu
Thu Apr 13 08:50:37 PDT 2023

Hi all,

Thank you for the suggestions and comments so far. These new options and possibilities are very helpful.

At the PI’s request, I must withhold some details. The solution is a made of nano- and microaggregates. I have been shown cryo-EM images of the same solution at a different concentration (micromolar range) that do show what appear to be micelles up to ~200nm, but we don’t know how these “micelles” would be structured at that size (or the larger size in the images I provided). The difference in concentration is expected to be the reason for the difference in size and morphology.

Best regards,
James