[3dem] REMINDER - Vacancy for EMDB Team Leader (EMBL Faculty position)

Gerard Kleywegt gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Sep 12 07:29:39 PDT 2022

Hi all,

This is just a quick reminder that the application period for this position
will be closing this Sunday, 18 September. Interviews will take place on 20
October. If you are interested in this post, please head over to:

      https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.embl.org/jobs/position/EBI02047__;!!Mih3wA!BGfdriIIVJrVVjXhcFKtR1x8Afb9Azei9JCVKESreLVmJyRWOTDRcAYVD2yVc6H0nyuCAfZfnA-2apCL8kFO_arh$

Best wishes,

--Gerard

On Mon, 18 Jul 2022, Gerard Kleywegt wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> EMBL-EBI is looking to recruit a new Team Leader (EMBL Faculty position) to
> take
> charge of the Electron Microscopy Data Bank (EMDB; emdb-empiar.org), one of
> the
> three core archives of the Worldwide Protein Data Bank organisation (wwPDB;
> wwpdb.org).
>
> In the past two years, EMDB has doubled in size to over 20,000 entries and
> the
> archive is set to continue to grow very rapidly in the years to come. We are
> therefore looking for an ambitious, mid-career scientist who has the skills,
> drive and vision to manage this expansion, with the help of the extant EMDB
> team
> (7 staff members at present), in collaboration with our wwPDB colleagues, and
> in
> consultation with the cryo-EM community.
>
> The activities of the EMDB team include archival, curation, integration,
> visualisation, validation and dissemination of cryo-EM data, weekly
> production
> processes, planning, coordinating and working with our wwPDB partners, and
> outreach, training and public engagement. We expect the successful candidate
> have ample experience with, and a good practical and theoretical
> understanding
> of cryo-EM/ET; to have experience carrying out scientific software
> development;
> as well as an ability to write successful grants, to manage projects, and to
> lead a team of scientists and software developers.
>
> More details can be found in the vacancy notice at
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.embl.org/jobs/position/EBI02047__;!!Mih3wA!BXjT6nVE-x9sfuHHz54Lcx_Na3VaqDosrRkiyb46U3ddY0pTwP1Jg5GCkIBE9rZyC6yX6UMAEhgVaIJsw7-eyU_s$
> The vacancy will close on 18 September 2022 and (virtual) interviews will
> take
> place on Thursday 20 October.
>
> Please feel free to bring this position to the attention of anyone with the
> right skillset who might be interested.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Gerard Kleywegt
>
> ---
> Gerard J. Kleywegt, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
> Head of Molecular and  Cellular Structure
> gerard at ebi.ac.uk pdbe.org emdb-empiar.org
> PA: Roisin Dunlop    pdbe_admin at ebi.ac.uk

Best wishes,

--Gerard

                            Gerard J. Kleywegt

       https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard__;!!Mih3wA!BGfdriIIVJrVVjXhcFKtR1x8Afb9Azei9JCVKESreLVmJyRWOTDRcAYVD2yVc6H0nyuCAfZfnA-2apCL8nBD2EHK$     mailto:gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
    The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
    to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.