[3dem] icing with Gatan ELSA 698

SCHMUTZ Marc marc.schmutz at ics-cnrs.unistra.fr
Fri Oct 21 00:56:58 PDT 2022

Hi Tim,

I fully agree with Marc and Michael and would add a small other point.
Check also the cryobox-cryoshields it can happen that for unknown
reasons the T° of it is not cold enough. (as the Elsa goes really down
it's perhaps the coolest place in your TEM and that's not good).

Good luck

Marc

PS On my first cryo TEM (CM12) in such a case I'd performed a bake out
of the column.