[3dem] Postdoc in cryoEM software development at electron Bio-imaging Centre (eBIC)

Chaban, Yuriy (DLSLtd,RAL,LSCI) yuriy.chaban at diamond.ac.uk
Thu Oct 13 03:02:49 PDT 2022

Dear 3dem community,

It is my pleasure to announce a new software development post-doctoral position at Diamond Light Source electron Bio-imaging centre (eBIC).
eBIC is a UK national facility for cryoEM, providing free access to the-state-of-the-art cryoEM instruments and techniques for UK and international academic users. Our user base includes over 1000 unique users. Our goal is to deliver best possible service to the scientific community, and introduce new technologies for data acquisition and analysis, enabling better science.

The new post-doctoral vacancy is created for work on better integration and further development of existing software for on-the fly data analysis. The successful candidate will also work on exploring new possibilities for providing early feedback regarding properties and quality of the collected cryoEM data, and new ways of streamlining data analysis process.

Further information about the role and how to apply can be found here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://vacancies.diamond.ac.uk/vacancy/pdra-in-biological-cryo-electron-microscopy-software-development-500479.html__;!!Mih3wA!CWAXs6FcXOT_A3fWHYAOIm_pm-9GXpB2F3_Gd89ExYd23mJT_vB_oBMopeG480Exz4lO-8lAVlipeBNo8ZstE2mQfavJIBs$

Furter information about eBIC can be found here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.diamond.ac.uk/Instruments/Biological-Cryo-Imaging/eBIC.html__;!!Mih3wA!CWAXs6FcXOT_A3fWHYAOIm_pm-9GXpB2F3_Gd89ExYd23mJT_vB_oBMopeG480Exz4lO-8lAVlipeBNo8ZstE2mQ1wq9iOg$

Information about Diamond light source:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.diamond.ac.uk/Home/About.html__;!!Mih3wA!CWAXs6FcXOT_A3fWHYAOIm_pm-9GXpB2F3_Gd89ExYd23mJT_vB_oBMopeG480Exz4lO-8lAVlipeBNo8ZstE2mQ1T3KLMs$

Informal enquiries about the job can be sent to:
yuriy.chaban at diamond.ac.uk<mailto:yuriy.chaban at diamond.ac.uk>

Best regards,

Yuriy Chaban, PhD
Principal Electron Microscopy Scientist