[3dem] 3-year PhD fellowship in single particle analysis at University of Copenhagen, Denmark

Henriette Elisabeth Autzen henriette.autzen at bio.ku.dk
Fri Oct 7 00:36:56 PDT 2022

My group is looking for an excellent and highly motivated PhD student to investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying taste perception by studying the structure, dynamics, and function of membrane-bound taste receptors. We are looking for someone who is keen on using single particle cryo-EM in combination with biochemical, pharmacological, and cellular assays to characterize taste receptors in vitro and ex vivo. The candidate should have a background in structural biology, biophysics, molecular biology, biochemistry, molecular biomedicine, cell biology or neuroscience. Training and experimental work will be done in-house and at external EM facilities in Europe. The project is perfect for someone with a passion for structure-function analysis of membrane proteins. The candidate will also get the opportunity to help develop new polymers for native nanodisc preparations.

Our group profits from generous funding by a Hallas Moller Emerging Investigator grant from the Novo Nordisk Foundation and the Independent Research Fund Denmark. We have access to state-of-the-art electron microscopy infrastructure at CFIM (Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy at the University of Copenhagen) including a Titan Krios and Glacios. You will join an international and highly collaborative environment.

The application deadline is: 16 October 2022
The position is available from February 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter.

For details, please visit: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobportal.ku.dk/phd/?show=157440__;!!Mih3wA!EopEA53bu2D7amPyBH3sAaBvcDtsi9auFxti5BR5Rvdxel5eQKt5hL9LOKP0MQ1_uyhHk0eh__3kGS_zJZdZy119cJnpuK-n$

Applications need to be submitted via the University online portal.

For informal inquiries, please contact me directly: henriette.autzen at bio.ku.dk<mailto:henriette.autzen at bio.ku.dk>
And read more on my website: <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.autzenlab.com__;!!Mih3wA!EopEA53bu2D7amPyBH3sAaBvcDtsi9auFxti5BR5Rvdxel5eQKt5hL9LOKP0MQ1_uyhHk0eh__3kGS_zJZdZy119cP8lYUZl$  > https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.hautzen.com/join__;!!Mih3wA!EopEA53bu2D7amPyBH3sAaBvcDtsi9auFxti5BR5Rvdxel5eQKt5hL9LOKP0MQ1_uyhHk0eh__3kGS_zJZdZy119cLTUVnJp$

I am looking forward to your application.
All the best,
Henriette

--
Henriette E. Autzen