[3dem] Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Seminar - October 10, 2022

Dunn, Lisa B. lisa at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 4 16:31:08 PDT 2022

We are pleased to invite you to our October 2022 Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium on Monday, October 10, 2022, 8:00-9:30 AM (PDT).

Speakers:

Prof. Peter J. Peters

Professor at Maastricht University, The Maastricht Multimodal Molecular Imaging institute (M4I)

Talk Title: Understanding the Invisible Hands of Sample Preparation for Cryo-EM

Bio: Peter J. Peters is a distinguished university professor at Maastricht University. Peters is best known for his work in electron microscopy (EM) and cellular immunology. He is the founder and director of the Institute of Nanoscopy.

Dr. Colin Ophus

Staff Scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Talk Title: Using Extremely Large 4D-STEM Experiments to Measure Materials Properties and Solve 3D Structures at Atomic Resolution

Bio: Colin Ophus is a staff scientist at the National Center for Electron Microscopy, part of the Molecular Foundry at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, where he runs both a user program and independent research group. His research focuses on data science methods, algorithms, and codes for simulation, analysis, and design of scanning / transmission electron microscopy experiments.

Please register soon at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stanford.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Y-yie77QQ7SBVitA1kd12g__;!!Mih3wA!AVCvVDEHdIPzSCBnawpNwa56wnWBi28NkAyfk-g1Ne9Yk5Q0o98NONyzAoO4BsoaDRqVXhcWq6DX1LrmAxOFC3o$    and visit our official website at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!AVCvVDEHdIPzSCBnawpNwa56wnWBi28NkAyfk-g1Ne9Yk5Q0o98NONyzAoO4BsoaDRqVXhcWq6DX1LrmJMaaOW8$  .

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Regards,
Wah Chiu
Wallenberg-Bienenstock Professor
Department of Bioengineering
Division of CryoEM and Bioimaging, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

Stanford University