[3dem] Looking for an excellent candidate for a tenured CNRS researcher position

Slavica Jonic slavica.jonic at upmc.fr
Thu Nov 10 11:35:05 PST 2022

 Required profile: Mathematical, computer or physics-based modeling for the
life sciences

Profile keywords:

. Bioinformatics, biomathematics, biophysics, biostatistics
. Systems and synthetic biology
. Quantitative, integrative and computational biology
. Genomics and other high-throughput biological data
. Computational neuroscience
. Machine learning, artificial intelligence and biology
. Molecular modeling and simulation for life sciences
. Methodological developments in data science and data integration for life
sciences
. Signal processing, processing of biological and medical images
. Modeling in ecology, evolution and epidemiology
. Applications in Health and medical research

The CNRS recruits permanent researchers through competitive examinations.
Open to all fields of science each year in December, they are divided into
sections or interdisciplinary commissions of the National Committee for
Scientific Research
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.cnrs.fr/comitenational/english/UK_acc.htm__;!!Mih3wA!H_pnqjQpixCSjvJSEQjMkOs-g--W3FRxps6JrSqW790E9y4TldpQJ8obOkfn16JB-ACeqRZ0pBa8KMoMSDSp1rOAtTI$  >. These
positions do not require teaching.* T**his year’s applications are expected
between December 5**th**, **2022 **and January 5**th**, **2023*.

*If you have an excellent track record* *and your* *profile is*
*m**athematical,
computer **or** physics-based modeling for the life sciences**, **my lab*
*can** host you**r application*. Additionally, you must show strong
interest in teamwork, motivation, good interpersonal skills, and an
excellent level of English (French is not mandatory).

We are looking for highly motivated and high-potential candidates to join
our lab and participate in our team work while developing their own
research axes. Our expertise is in computational  methods development for
studying structure and dynamics of biomolecular complexes by cryo electron
microscopy and cryo electron tomography, including combining image
processing with artificial intelligence and molecular dynamics simulation
approaches. We are developing ContinuousFlex, a software package for
analyzing continuous conformational variability of biomolecular complexes
in single particle images and subtomogram data. For our most recent
publications, please check my ORCID profile (Link
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5112-2743__;!!Mih3wA!H_pnqjQpixCSjvJSEQjMkOs-g--W3FRxps6JrSqW790E9y4TldpQJ8obOkfn16JB-ACeqRZ0pBa8KMoMSDSpf2yfvXw$  >).

The best candidate will be selected and supported by my team to apply for
the tenured CNRS researcher position. The support includes the preparation
of a scientific project that the applicant will present for the CNRS
examination, in line with and complementing our team project.

The interested applicants should contact me (slavica.jonic at upmc.fr) before
December 5th , 2022, and include:

- CV,

- track record, and

- short description of intended future research directions.

Regards,

Slavica

--
Slavica JONIC