[3dem] Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Seminar - June 6, 2022

Dunn, Lisa B. lisa at slac.stanford.edu
Fri May 27 13:19:23 PDT 2022

We are pleased to invite you to our June 2022 Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium on Monday, June 6, 2022, 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM (PDT).

SPEAKERS:
Prof. Holger Mueller, Professor of Physics at University of California Berkeley
Talk title: Laser phase plate: Advancing beyond proof-of-concept

Holger Mueller is a Professor in the Physics Department at UC Berkeley and faculty scientist in the Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. His research has been advancing atomic, molecular and optical physics to probe nature at the utmost sensitivity. He developed the laser phase plate with Robert Glaeser and is working on demonstrating its use in single-particle cryo-electron microscopy and cryo-electron tomography. In 2019, he became a Fellow of the APS for advances in the manipulation of matter waves, including their application to the development of a phase plate for electron microscopy.

Dr. Stephen J. Pennycook, Adjunct Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at University of Tennessee Knoxville
Talk title: From Z to A: Z-contrast's guide to the atomic world

A graduate of Cambridge University's Cavendish Laboratory, he spent 31 years at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, becoming leader of the STEM Group and Corporate Fellow, followed by 6 years at the National University of Singapore. He has spent much of his career developing Z-contrast techniques and applications, with many influential publications, awards, and contributions.

Please register soon at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__stanford.zoom.us_webinar_register_WN-5FGrhCtbKNSBeopM-5Fj49u4-5Fw&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=e8YRZbkSnKljWkWi1MW5Hgb29tD26epAW8ymIN8hB1qqOdFLR1SaVmxkPgMurdsY&s=fAhCSlAv2NqTpu2IVe0vmgYAyP8D_VnWRuKiKkoL1eo&e=
and visit our official website at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__emx.stanford.edu_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=e8YRZbkSnKljWkWi1MW5Hgb29tD26epAW8ymIN8hB1qqOdFLR1SaVmxkPgMurdsY&s=NVT7DsgfDB_U-yKMjrtgwlGkg9O1oTfBH77k-9va_Vc&e= .

Best,
Wah Chiu
Wallenberg-Bienenstock Professor
Department of Bioengineering
Division of CryoEM and Bioimaging, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

Stanford University