[3dem] Soundproof rack for K3 computer

Dokland, Terje dokland at uab.edu
Thu May 19 14:36:20 PDT 2022

We are moving our Gatan K3 detector from the old F20 to our new Glacios and instead of buying the extra long cable between the camera and the computer, we are thinking of putting the computer in a soundproof enclosure in the microscope room (or the control room).

Does anybody have experience with putting the K3 computer in a soundproof, enclosed rack? As you know, the computer generates a lot of heat, so the enclosure would presumably have to have some kind of cooling built in.

Any advice would be welcome.

Terje