[3dem] Postdoctoral position available in Allegretti group at MRC-LMB

matteo allegretti matteoall at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 19 04:38:21 PDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

we are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate to join my
group at MRC-LMB, Structural Studies Division
(https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www2.mrc-2Dlmb.cam.ac.uk_group-2Dleaders_a-2Dto-2Dg_matteo-2Dallegretti_&d=DwIDaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=0brqnBiWPyjC4UZfdKeex2ZfhPuZmGRt-XgWEdhCxLSVnrnBbx5jnvjTqtHHefP0&s=p5MQH4hqvbGJWqqhD7qTQAs4Qh0NIs9cf-mwblcmMxI&e= ).
The candidate should be interested in establishing methods to study
nucleus-cytoskeleton architecture in mammalian cells / D. melanogaster,
(key words are: biochemistry, cell biology, mechanobiology, computational
structural biology, structural biology).

Applicants must have a Ph.D. in life science, computer science or
engineering (or due to complete within 6 months) and demonstrate the
ability to have worked independently and in a team, to have a significant
track record with original contributions, and to be committed to
interdisciplinary, integrative, team research.

The position is funded by the MRC (including the VISA), but the candidate
can get my support in applying for fellowships.

Applicants will be introduced to a professional development program that
will help them for their future career. I will provide continuous support
and personal mentorship.

MRC-LMB is a terrific research institution with a strong emphasis on
qualitative and collaborative research work and with access to outstanding
core facilities for cryo-EM, light microscopy, mass spectrometry, X-rays,
NMR, biophysics, flow-cytometry.

Applicants should provide a CV, a motivation letter including a brief
description of current research activities and potential starting date,
and contact information of at least 2 referees here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mrc.tal.net_vx_appcentre-2Dext_candidate_post_4037_en-2DGB&d=DwIDaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=0brqnBiWPyjC4UZfdKeex2ZfhPuZmGRt-XgWEdhCxLSVnrnBbx5jnvjTqtHHefP0&s=1Qzao3s0qDDWCJSMRlN-JIxTY_bTDS_PgFaudUbxOuM&e=

Application deadline is on the 15th of June. Please spread the voice and
feel free to contact me (matteoall at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk) for more information
regarding the positions.

Cheers,
Matteo

--
Matteo Allegretti
Group leader MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology